Indians Press Release
Cleveland Indians Charities and Cleveland Indians Federation play host to RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) east Regional Tournament, July 19-22
Winning teams will advance to compete in the 2012 RBI World Series in Minneapolis, MN, July 31-August 12
Cleveland Indians Charities, Cleveland Baseball Federation and Progressive Field will play host to the East Regional Tournament in the RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) World Series July 19-22.
Twenty-four teams will compete in the RBI World Series and will be divided into three divisions: Junior Baseball (13-15 year olds); Senior Baseball (16-18 year olds); and Softball (19 and under). Winners from each division in the RBI Regionals, local tournaments in eight designated areas around the country (Central, East, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, Southwest and West) and the Caribbean, will have earned berths to participate in the championship tournaments.
Winners will move on to compete in the 2012 RBI World Series, the national baseball and softball tournament and annual culmination of the RBI program, which will be held July 31-August 12 in Minneapolis, MN.
Teams participating in the event in Cleveland:
- Cleveland Baseball Federation RBI (Senior Boys, Junior Boys and Girls Fast pitch)
- Cincinnati Reds RBI (Senior Boys, Junior Boys and Girls Fast pitch)
- Detroit RBI Pal (Senior Boys, Junior Boys and Girls Fast pitch)
- Detroit Arsenal (Senior Boys)
- Indianapolis RBI (Senior Boys, Junior Boys and Girls Fast pitch)
- Fairview Park High School
- Rocky River High School
- Olmsted Falls High School
- Strongsville High School
- Case Western Reserve University-Girls Championship
- Progressive Field-Boys Championship
To learn more about the RBI program, please click here.