Nationals Press Release
Washington Nationals open 2013 Season against Miami Marlins
Purchase Season or Mini Plans before April 1 and lock in 2012 pricing for the 2013 season
The 2012 NL East Champion Washington Nationals will celebrate Opening Day and the start of the 2013 season at Nationals Park on Monday, April 1 when the team hosts the Miami Marlins at 1:05 p.m. The first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through Center Field Gate will receive an Opening Day Cap presented by GEICO. Nationals fans are encouraged to show their NATITUDE by wearing red and plenty of Curly W's!
Advance tickets to attend Opening Day are sold out, but fans can still purchase Standing Room Only tickets for $20 at nationals.com/tickets, while supplies last. In addition, approximately 400 Grandstand seats will be available for $15 at the Main Box Office starting at 10:30 a.m. on the day of the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive earlier than normal in order to enjoy Opening Day festivities.
For those who don't want to miss a minute of the 2013 season, only a few days remain to purchase season and mini plans at 2012 pricing. Nationals fans have until Sunday, March 31 to lock in 2012 prices for one or two-year season plans or mini plans with locations on all levels of the ballpark. To take advantage of this limited time offer, visit nationals.com/2013 (season plans) and nationals.com/miniplans (mini plans) or call 202.675.NATS(6287) - Option #1.
OPENING DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Emceed by Emmy Award-winning sports broadcaster and CBS News Special Correspondent James Brown, the Opening Day pregame ceremony will include:
- Ceremonial First Pitch thrown by former Staff Sergeant and Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha
- Game Ball delivery by Admiral Sandy Winnefeld, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Lineup Card delivery by D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray
- National Anthem and America the Beautiful performed by the U.S. Army Chorus Quartet
- A giant American flag unfurled by members of the D.C. Air National Guard and the D.C. National Guard in the outfield
- Starting Nine featuring children of deployed service members
- Play Ball announcement made by Winthrop Roosevelt, great-great grandson of Theodore Roosevelt
FAN PROMOTIONS & ENTERTAINMENT
- The first 20,000 fans to enter the ballpark through Center Field Gate will receive an Opening Day Cap presented by GEICO
- N Street festivities will include balloons and fire trucks adorned with a giant American flag
- The Nationals drumline will perform outside Center Field Gate
- The Kids Zone will feature caricature artists, face painters and a sign-making station
- "Scott's New Band" will perform at the Miller Lite Scoreboard Walk
GETTING TO THE BALLPARK
Parking options for Nationals fans begin at $15 and are available for purchase online at nationals.com/parking. Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance online to ensure they receive a space in their desired area. Other transportation options include Metro, Metrobus, DC Circulator Bus and water taxi service. Fans are also encouraged to use the bicycle valet (located on First Street, SE near N Street SE) and bike racks around the ballpark.