03/28/2012 12:08 PM EST
What's new at Progressive Field in 2012
Cleveland Indians introduce fan-focused programs, incentives, concessions, and opportunities to enhance the experience at the ballpark; Based on direct fan feedback, significant investments made in Kids Clubhouse and Club Lounge, and new fan-friendly policies introduced
CLEVELAND, OH--- At every level of the organization, the Cleveland Indians are focused on providing fan experiences that deliver on our brand vision of creating memories, connecting generations and celebrating families. Whether it’s a first-time fan or a veteran season ticket holder, every fan’s trip to the ballpark is uniquely personal and the Indians have asked for and listened to feedback on those experiences over the last few months through surveys, focus groups, Teen Connect and the Fan Advisory Council. When the gates open for the 112th Home Opener in eight short days, Tribe fans will feel at home at Progressive Field with a number of new enhancements and favorite traditions all designed directly for them.
12 FAN-FOCUSED HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2012: THE INDIANS 112TH OPENING DAY
- What if?
Building on the positive fan response to 2011’s “What if?,” the Cleveland Indians launched two new spots for the upcoming season. The 2012 chapter of the “What if?” campaign centers around two themes:
- An empowering tribute to our fans and the memories that Tribe baseball evokes.
- A celebration of Tribe talent across generations with a spotlight on the exciting promise of our 2012 team.
The new spots were produced by the Indians marketing and creative production team and begin airing on television and radio in the Cleveland market on Monday, March 26. Fans can also view the spots on indians.com. It was a compelling year of baseball in 2011, as the team held first place in the division for more than half the season and went from a developing team to contenders. Fans have a lot to be excited about on the field in 2012.
- New Fan-friendly Ballpark Policies
When fans come out for a game, the Indians are committed to providing the best experience possible. A number of new policies directly address requests the team has heard frequently from fans
- Re-Entry Policy: Fans needing to exit and re-enter Progressive Field must do so through a dedicated gate at Gate A. Their game ticket will be scanned upon exit. To re-enter the Ballpark, fans will enter through the Security Checkpoint and turnstiles where their ticket will be re-scanned. During games in which a gate giveaway is taking place, fans leaving the exit gate will have their ticket scanned and marked so that they may not receive multiple promotional items.
- Bottled Water Policy: Fans entering Progressive Field will be allowed to bring in a single, factory sealed bottle of water that is 20 ounces or less.
- Kids Clubhouse and Club Lounge
The Indians are committed to connecting with the next generation of Tribe fans and the new Kids Clubhouse, located on the mezzanine level, has something for kids of all ages to enjoy throughout the season.
- The Rookie Suite, presented by University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and Step 2, is geared towards kids ages six and under.
- Slugger’s Sandlot, presented by KeyBank is a designated area where grade-school aged children can have fun with some of the same great activities from KeyBank Kids Fun Day.
- In response to fan feedback, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles won’t miss any great game action while their little loved ones play ? there are great views of the field.
- Indians Kids Clubhouse is scheduled to open May 6 to coincide the first KeyBank Kids Fun Day.
- Indians Kids Clubhouse will be open all game long for every Indians home game after May 6th.
- There is a reduced price “kids only” menu for young Tribe fans under 48 inches. The menu features $2.50 hot dogs, $3.00 fruit cup, $5.75 kids meal and more.
- Kids will also enjoy occasional visits from the Indians team mascot Slider and the Hot Dog Mascots.
Club Lounge: The Club Lounge is an all-inclusive food and beverage location that gives fans the best in comfort, luxury and affordability. The Indians have made a number of enhancements to the Club Lounge for 2012 based directly on fan feedback.
- Indians Club Lounge seats are reduced to as low as $65 per ticket for the 2012 season.
- The newly renovated Club Lounge features monitors at all entrances showcasing menu items of the day and upcoming homestand.
- Tributes to Indians legends Larry Doby and Bob Feller are incorporated throughout.
- Flat screen televisions, plush seating and delectable food from Progressive Field chefs are only a part of the fan experience.
- Special events:
To further spread Tribe Fever, the Indians have brought back and enhanced some of the most popular events at Progressive Field.
- Throughout the summer, on select weekends, 14 themed fireworks shows, including two Rock ‘N Blast, will once again decorate the sky over the ballpark.
- Indians Rally Alley, presented by RTA, the family-friendly urban summer street festival, with discounted food and drink outside the ballpark, will return with extended dates (15 total in 2012- only four in 2011) throughout the season, including Opening Day.
- Fans can enjoy three concerts at Progressive Field this season, including Faith Day with Brandon Heath on May 19.
- For fans of the Tribe’s signature Sugardale hot dogs, an increase of nine games this season (only six in 2011) will feature $1 dogs at select stands and vendors throughout the ballpark.
- High School and College students can enjoy more discounted games on 20 Student ID nights throughout the season (only 12 in 2011).
- Puppypalooza returns in 2012 with an additional opportunity for fans to bring their pooches to a game (Two dates in 2012- only one each of the past two years).
- New this year, a select number of fans can snap a shot with their favorite players during six photo days.
- The Tribe will celebrate fans from around the world on four International days (only one each of the past two years).
For more information and specific dates on all special events, please visit Indians.com/promotions.
After hearing from fans in surveys that they value bobble heads and jersey giveaways the most, the 2012 promotions schedule delivers on that suggestion.
- The Indians will give out five different fan-favorite bobble heads including Asdrubal Cabrera, Joe Carter, Carlos Baerga, Sandy Alomar, Jr. and Gaylord Perry, to the first 15,000 fans through the gates on select nights throughout the season.
- Replica jerseys of Chris Perez, Justin Masterson, Carlos Santana and Charles Nagy will also be available at select games to the first 15,000 fans.
- The promo schedule begins with the popular magnet schedule, courtesy of Progressive Insurance, to all fans on Opening Day Thursday, April 5.
- Fans will also have the opportunity to pick up a wall calendar, a Team Photo and an Indians T-Shirt.
For more information and specific dates on all giveaways, please visit Indians.com.
- Wind Turbine
The Indians are committed to promoting sustainability initiatives within Northeast Ohio and keeping Progressive Field green.
- The Indians and Cleveland State University will install a new wind turbine at Progressive Field, the first wind turbine to be utilized by a Major League Baseball team.
- The pioneering wind turbine will be located on the southeast corner of the ballpark and will be in place by Opening Day (April 5).
- Development of the wind turbine has been funded through grants from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- This innovative “helical wind turbine” design is more conducive for urban areas and confined spaces than a traditional long-blade wind turbine and rated at 25,000kWh, enough electricity to power two typical homes for an entire year.
- Connect with the Tribe on Social Media
The Cleveland Indians have made it easier for fans to connect with the Tribe, and each other. The Indians will be on six platforms in 2012, including four new launches, and provide fans with seamless in-park social experiences.
- New platforms include: “TribeVibe,” Tumblr, Pinterest and Google+.
- The Indians remain committed to cultivating and deepening connections with fans on existing platforms through Facebook Timeline integration and more personal interactions through Twitter.
- The first social media-only space in pro sports, the Indians Social Suite, returns for 2012.
- Fans can integrate directly on mobile through MLBAM’s At the Ballpark and At Bat 12 Apps.
The one common theme we have heard from fans when discussing ticketing is value and flexibility. The launch of Digital Ticketing, Perfect 10 Flex Packs presented by Discount Drug Mart, KeyBank Grand Slam Four Pack, Indians Diamond Deals, BOGO Season Ticket Deals, Discounted pricing in the Club Lounge and the return of the $10 tickets in the Time Warner Cable Bleachers all address that theme.
Single Game Tickets: getting to a game is easier than ever with new low-price ticket options, flexibility and digital ticket delivery for instant access to Progressive Field.
- Digital Ticket Delivery: The new “Paperless Fan Pass” delivery method enables fans to go directly to any gate, present the credit card used to purchase the ticket and gain fast entry into the ballpark. Digital Delivery also facilitates easy transfer of tickets to family, friends or clients and eliminates delivery charges. Fans using this method will receive a half-price ticket to a select game and will automatically be entered to win a suite with complimentary food for a future game.
- The Club Seats have not only been transformed with an aesthetic facelift, but the pricing has also been reduced to as low as $65 for the majority of games in certain sections.
- Perfect 10” Flex Packs, presented by Discount Drug Mart give fans the flexibility to use ten tickets to attend any 2012 Tribe games however they choose – 10 games individually, with a spouse or a friend for 5 games or a group of 10 for one game. “Perfect 10” Flex Packs begin at $99 for Bleachers/Upper Box up to Club Seats at $649. This special pack can be purchased at www.indians.com/perfect10, all Cleveland Indians Team Shops and all Northeast Ohio Discount Drug Mart stores.
- Tickets in the Time Warner Cable Bleachers will once again be ONLY $10 EVERY GAME in 2012.
- The popular all-inclusive KeyBank Grand Slam Four Pack targets groups of four now available for ALL GAMES (excluding sold out Opening Day) in 2012. For only $96, receive 4 tickets (Mezzanine or Upper Box, plus Lower Box on Super Value dates), 4 hot dogs or slices of pizza, 4 Pepsi products, 4 Indians Caps and 1 parking pass.
- The return of “Indians Diamond Deals” each Monday during the season provides tremendous ticket affordability, as well as discounted opportunities on concessions, special events, promotions and select all-inclusive packages.
Season Tickets: fans can still secure the best seats for all the excitement at Progressive Field with a season ticket package. Check out the 2012 Indians Season Ticket opportunities including a special message from “The Voice of the Indians” Tom Hamilton: Click Here>>
- FULL-81 Games, 40-Game, 20-Game, 20-Game Flex Game Plans ON SALE NOW
- Full-Season Plans Now Include Several Great FREE Benefits
- FREE Terrace Club membership
- FREE Suite Rental
- FREE Club Seat Test Drive for a game
- Interest-Free Payment Plan through the end of June
- Loaded food and merchandise value per ticket for Full-Time Plan Holders (excluding Bleachers and Upper Reserved)
- Discounted Tickets
- Post-season Ticket Priority
For full details on season ticket plans please visit Indians.com or call 216-420-HITS.
- Fan Experiences and Ballpark Fun
- Tribe Fan Club: Catch the fever with the 2012 “The Tribe” fan club. For only $19.95 fans receive a membership with great benefits including: Monthly E-Newsletter with Member Spotlight, two (2) complimentary tickets to a select 2012 Indians home game, complimentary tour of Progressive Field, 10% discount on eligible purchases at the Indians Team Shop, Tribe Tailgate Parties for members throughout the season and more.
- Turn Tanks Into Tickets: Fans can turn tanks into tickets with BP, the official fuel provider of the Cleveland Indians. Fans can fuel-up five (5) times at Cleveland area BP stations from April 4 until June 5 to get a pair of tickets to an Indians game. Each time fans fill-up with 10 gallons or more, they can go inside to receive a Fuel-Up game card that reveals a unique code. After entering five codes online at BPIndiansBaseball.com, they receive a password good for two Upper Deck or Mezzanine tickets to an Indians game. Ticket redemption dates: May 17/28/30, June3/20, July 2/5/23/25/26, August6/8/27/28/30, September 19/20, October1.
- Let’s Move It! Mondays: In partnership with the Cleveland Clinic, the public is invited from 11:30AM-1:30PM on select non-game day Mondays (June 4 & 11, July 9/16/30, August 13) to walk or jog around the warning track of Progressive Field.
- Subway Extreme Fan Zone: All Tribe fans seated in section 309 will receive a buy-one-get-one Subway Extreme Fan Zone coupon during home games. One entire row will also be randomly chosen to receive an exclusive Subway offer. One (1) lucky fan in the Subway Extreme Fan Zone will also be selected to win $25 in Indians Fun Money. Wahoo Bucks Coupons are available at any local Subway location for $5 off Extreme Fan Zone Seats (Ticket offer is good for any game throughout the 2012 season except for Opening Day, Red Sox Series, and the Yankees Series).
- Chevy Ride and Drive Event: Indians fans can enter a sweepstakes to win one of two (2) Chevy vehicles on the concourse of Progressive Field from April to August. Also, fans who complete a walk around with a Chevy employees will receive an Indians T-shirt. On May 26 outside of Progressive Field at Gateway Plaza Chevy is also hosting a Ride and Drive event: test drive a new Chevy vehicle on the Gateway Plaza and win two (2) FREE tickets to a future Indians game.
- Discount Drug Mart Pro Points: Discount Drug Mart, the official drugstore of the Cleveland Indians, returns with Pro Points for the 2012 season. Customers receive points for every qualifying item purchased with the Pro Points logo displayed at participating stores. Customers may redeem their points at any time for Cleveland Indians merchandise, tickets, and experiences. The more points a customer accumulates, the more they can redeem for great Indians prizes such as autographed items, watching batting practice, or ballpark tours.
- From the Booth: Ever wonder what it's like to see the game through the eyes of Tom Hamilton? From the Booth allows a fan and five friends to dine and watch the Indians like a member of the press.
2012 Uniform Changes: The Indians will wear four (4) sets of uniforms in 2012— two versions at home and two versions on the road, featuring minor enhancements.
- The traditional home white uniform will sport a front script “Indians” two-layer red and navy blue applique, navy blue trim around the collar combined with the navy blue and red cap with the Chief Wahoo logo.
- The home alternate creme uniform with block Indians applique paired with a home alternate red cap with a midnight navy block “C” will remain.
- The alternate road navy uniform will showcase a front script “Indians” two-layer red and white applique, gray trim around the collar paired with a solid navy blue cap with the Chief Wahoo logo.
- The traditional road gray uniform featuring block Cleveland applique combined with the midnight navy blue cap with a red block “C” will remain.
Fans can gear up for the season with great new Indians merchandise.
- Indians Thirst Perks Mug: Get a cool mug with a hot deal! The Indians Thirst Perks Mug gives fans 16 ounces of their favorite hot beverage for a discounted price at any participating beverage location at Progressive Field. Mugs can be purchased for $8 at all Indians Team Shops and most novelty stands.
- Get Gear, Go Cheer: Coming to the ballpark or just want to support your favorite team? Now you can do both! Beginning in March and continuing through the month of May, anytime you spend $60 or more at an Indians Team Shop or novelty stand, you get a voucher good for two tickets to any home game during that period. See stores for complete details.
- Indians Authentics: Indians Authentics location at section 167 or inside the Progressive Field Team Shop has game-used balls, bats, line up cards or the actual base used in that day’s game for sale.
- Indians Round up for Charity: The Cleveland Indians Team Shops have set out to drive awareness to a number of meaningful causes. Fans have the opportunity to “round up” their Team Shop transaction to the nearest dollar and donate the rest to a number of meaningful causes. This initiative has raised more than $60,000 since its launch, one retail transaction at a time. The goal in 2012 is to raise more than $72,000 for these meaningful agencies of support.
- Community Outreach
The Indians are committed to making a difference in the community, and giving fans the opportunity to contribute to the efforts to improve their own communities.
- Indians and Key Bank 2012 Glove Drive: Benefitting the Cleveland Baseball Federation and Akron Area YMCA, the Indians will be collecting new or slightly used baseball or softball gloves or donations throughout the season. Donors will receive one Mezzanine ticket for the September 16 game and one post-game autograph voucher. The program runs from April 5 through September 16
- Indians and Spitzer Cares: As part of Spitzer Cares, the Cleveland Indians and Spitzer Automotive Group have a goal of providing one million meals in 2012 to benefit the Cleveland Foodbank, Second Harvest Food Bank of Mahoning Valley, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, and Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio. All fans who provide 80 meals, in the form of a $20 donation, at any Spitzer Automotive Dealership or at the Fan Services Booth at Section 154 of Progressive Field will be entered to win the grand prize of a 2012 Chevy Cruze. The program runs from April 5 through September 2. Also, all Spitzer Cares donors will receive one voucher good for two (2) Tribe Tickets to the September 14 game vs. Detroit. Visit Spitzercares.org for more information.
- Indians Baseball Babies: The Cleveland Indians and FirstMerit Bank present “Indians Baseball Babies” for all bundles of joy and their proud parents. Babies born during the 2012 season at area Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals will receive a welcome package with their first official Tribe gear.
- Impacta Kids Foundation: On behalf of Cleveland Indians Manager, Manny Acta and the ImpACTA Kids Foundation, two (2) $2,500 scholarship awards will be given to two (2) qualifying Cleveland-area graduating high school seniors be used towards their college education. In 2010, the scholarship’s inaugural year, the ImPACTA Kids Foundation donated three (3) $2,500 awards to graduating Cleveland-area seniors.
Fill the House for Charity: On Select Tuesdays throughout the 2012 Major League Baseball season the Cleveland Indians partner with a Northeast Ohio non-profit organization to provide much-needed funds and the opportunity to raise awareness for their specific cause. Since its inaugural season in 2009, this initiative has raised more than $1.68 million in monetary and in-kind donations for the participating Ohio non-profits. For dates and participating organizations, please visit www.indians.com/fillthehouse.
Cleveland Indians Charities (CIC): CIC is the self-sustaining charitable arm of the Cleveland Indians that concentrates on creative partnerships with select organizations that focus on youth education and recreation. Since its inception in 1989, CIC has donated nearly $8 million to youth-oriented agencies and organizations throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Concessions/Hosted Events
Implementing feedback from fans, the Indians will introduce a number of tasty and healthy items for 2012.
- Calling All Onion Lovers- new locations at sections 184 and 530. An Onion Lovers’ dream featuring yellow, white, red and Vidalia onions along with onion relish, onion hot sauce.
- Chefs Table Kiosk- A daily creation from one of our talented Chefs will be featured at section 171.
- Spuds and Suds join the starting lineup on the upper deck at section 541. Featuring veggie dogs, veggie Italian sausage, gluten free snacks, hotdogs, fresh cut fries, and the twisted potato.
- Food Network Items
- Food Network Hot dog and Sausage Bar debuts at section 157. Come enjoy a hot dog or sausage fresh off the grill topped with your choice of sauerkraut, smoky baked beans, Fritos, fried onions, smoky-sweet jalapeno relish, bacon chunks, grilled onion and peppers, cole slaw or pulled pork. Be sure to try our Signature Dog topped with smoky baked beans, mustard and Fritos. The Cleveland Dog features cole slaw, pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
- Food Network Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese joins the starting lineup at sections 121, 154, 163, and 550. As an introductory offer, the Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese will be offered for $2 (regularly $4.50) for the first home stand, while daily supplies last.
- Sliders join the starting lineup at section 184 featuring Pulled Pork and Cleveland Bomber Sliders served with housemade kettle chips.
Upcoming 2012 Hosted/Dining Events: fans can enjoy a number of ballpark experiences throughout the season including Big League Batting Practice, Dinner on the Diamond, Dads and Grads Party and One Day Baseball Experience. For additional event details, please visit www.indians.com/hostedevents.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.