1/15/2014 2:14 P.M. ET
Cleveland Indians 2014 home opener set for Friday, April 4 at 3:05pm
SportsTime Ohio to broadcast at least 158 games
By / MLB.com
Cleveland, OH - The Cleveland Indians announced on Wednesday that the club's home opener against Minnesota is scheduled for 3:05PM on Friday, April 4 at Progressive Field, and will be televised on SportsTime Ohio and WKYC Channel 3, and broadcast on WTAM 1100 and WMMS 100.7.
In all, SportsTime Ohio will televise at least 158 games in 2014, with details for four games (May 31, June 21, July 5 and 12) still to be determined. On the radio, flagship station WTAM will broadcast 161 games (one Cavs conflict April 16), with a majority - 150 in 2014 -- simulcast on FM partner WMMS 100.7 for the second straight season.
Cleveland will open the season on the road on Monday, March 31, in Oakland, with a three-game series against the A's. After an off day on April 3, the Tribe returns home for three-game series against the Twins and San Diego Padres.
In addition to San Diego, other home 2014 Interleague opponents include Cincinnati, Colorado and Arizona, while the Indians will visit Cincinnati, San Francisco, Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona from the National League.
Other 2014 schedule highlights include:
- The Indians will play at Progressive Field on six weekends from June-August: vs. Detroit (June 20-22), Kansas City (July 4-6), Chicago White Sox (July 11-13), Texas (August 1-3), Baltimore (August 15-17) and Houston (August 22-24).
- Monthly home/road breakdown:
- March/April (13 home/16 road)
- May (15 home/13 road)
- June (12 home/16 road)
- July (13 home/12 road)
- August (13 home/14 road)
- September (15 home/10 road)
- The Tribe's longest homestand is July 4-13 (vs. Kansas City, New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox)
- The team has three 10-game road trips:
- June 6-15 (at Texas, Kansas City and Boston)
- July 18-27 (at Detroit, Minnesota and Kansas City)
- September 12-21 (at Detroit, Houston and Minnesota)
Season Tickets are on sale now, and provide the biggest savings for Tribe fans; in 2013, Season Ticket Holders saved on average 40% on tickets when compared to Single-Game buyers at Progressive Field. Call 216-420-HITS for more details on Season Ticket Packages!
Single-Game tickets will go on sale in early March. More details regarding that on-sale will be available in the near future. Discount Drug Mart Indians Flex Packs also are on sale now; more information on those 10-packs can be found at Indians.com/ddm.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.