7/15/2014 2:09 P.M. ET
Indians announce Rock n' Blast weekend theme: 'Tour of Rock'
Two-night display set for Aug.15-16 vs. Baltimore; Local band Welshly Arms to play concert on Home Run Porch before fireworks each night
By / MLB.com
Cleveland, OH - The Cleveland Indians announced today that the theme of the club's annual two-night Rock N' Blast fireworks show will be "Tour of Rock."
The award-winning display, which features music and video synchronized to pyrotechnics, is one of the highlights of the summer at Progressive Field. In all, fans will be treated to more than 20 minutes worth of entertainment each night.
Two of 15 fireworks displays this season at Progressive Field, Rock N' Blast is scheduled for August 15 and August 16 after the Indians take on the Baltimore Orioles. The tour of rock will start in the U.S. and Cleveland, then moves overseas to the roots of other legendary rock groups.
In an effort to partner with local artists, both nights will also feature post-game concert sets performed by Cleveland-based band Welshly Arms on the Home Run Porch between the ninth inning and the start of Rock N' Blast. Welshly's new single "Dirty Work," from the group's forthcoming full-length LP, will be featured in Indians "Tribe Town" commercials during the second half of the season. The group's soulful blend of blues and rock also helped launch Positively Cleveland's "This is Cleveland." brand campaign back in March.
Remaining fireworks dates this season include:
- Aug. 1: Fireworks (Hits of 1994) presented by Wayside Furniture
- Aug. 2: Fireworks (Jim Thome celebration) presented by J.M. Smucker Co.
- Aug. 15: Rock N' Blast (Tour of Rock)
- Aug. 16: Rock N' Blast (Tour of Rock)
- Aug. 22: Fireworks (TV Talent Show covers) presented by Wayside Furniture
- Aug. 23: Fireworks (Van Halen) presented by Pierre's Ice Cream. Co.
- Sept. 5: Fireworks (Fan Vote)
- Sept. 6: Fireworks (Huey Lewis and the News) presented by FirstMerit Bank
- Sept. 27: "Thank You Tribe Town"/Top 40 Pop
Tickets for Rock N' Blast games are going fast; buy early and online at Indians.com/Tickets to save money over gameday prices at the box office.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.