- The 2014 season marks his 2nd season as First Base Coach and his 11th season overall in the Red Sox organization.
- Has compiled an 802-756 (.515) record and reached the playoffs 6 times in 13 seasons as a minor league man-ager.
- Served 9 seasons as a manager in the Red Sox organization, leading Short-A Lowell (2000-01), Single-A Augusta (2002), Double-A Portland (2007-10), and Triple-A Pawtucket (2011-12)...Guided those clubs to a combined 585-553 (.514) record and 4 playoff appearances.
- Became just the 3rd manager ever to lead Triple-A Pawtucket to the postseason in consecutive years in 2011-12...His 2012 team won the Governors' Cup, marking the PawSox' 1st International League Championship in 28 years...He also saw 23 of his players contribute to the Red Sox at the major league level in 2012.
- Led Double-A Portland to a pair of Eastern League playoff berths in 2007 and 2008...Named the Eastern League's top managerial prospect by Baseball America in 2010.
- Between stints with the Red Sox organization, managed the Rangers' High-A California League affiliate in Stockton (2003-04) and Bakersfield (2005), leading Stockton to the CL playoffs in 2003 and 2004...In 2006, served as hitting coach for SD's Double-A Mobile affiliate and worked as a coach under current Red Sox Latin American Coordinator, International Crosschecker Todd Claus for the West Oahu CaneFires in the Hawaiian Winter Baseball League after that season.
- Spent 3 years coaching in the Yankees system as a batting and infield coach for Triple-A Columbus (1997) and Double-A Norwich (1998-99).
- Served as the Florida area scout for the Tigers from 1992-96.
- A middle infielder, he played 6 seasons of minor league baseball in the Tigers system from 1986-91, reaching as high as Triple-A Toledo in his final professional campaign.
- Best season came in 1987 when he hit .285 with 20 stolen bases in 117 games at Single-A Fayetteville, playing alongside Red Sox Bench Coach Torey Lovullo.
- Has 2 children, Jordan (23) and Brady (19).
- Graduated from Wichita State University, where he earned All-Conference honors in all 3 seasons from 1984-86 and was tabbed to the all-region team in 1985...Also attended Lamar Community College in Colorado.